Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers placed on your device through your web browser. Cookies may be necessary for the basic functionality of the Site, to enable a faster login process, or to allow us to track your activities. Session cookies remain on your device only during your session interacting with our Services, while persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or powered down the device. See Section 3 to learn more about your options to disable certain types of cookies.
2. Cookie Placement on ThriftBooks Services
ThriftBooks may set cookies on thriftbooks.com, bookclubhub.com, or our other websites or online channels (the “Site”), or any of our other services, applications, or products (collectively with the Site, our “Services”). Cookies may also be placed in the emails we send to track when the email is opened. Please note that ThriftBooks cannot control how third-party cookies behave or may change from time to time. The Services and our HTML emails may also contain small transparent images called “web beacons” or “pixels” that provide us with tracking statistics. ThriftBooks uses a variety of cookies on the Services to accomplish different functions:
- Essential cookies are required to enable basic Site functionality. These cookies are necessary for the Site to function and cannot be disabled. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling out electronic forms.
- Targeted Advertising cookies are used to deliver advertising that is more relevant to you and your interests. These cookies may also be used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement or to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. Advertising networks usually place them on the Site. If you opt-out of these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Personalization cookies allow the website to remember the choices you make (such as your username, language, or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For example, a website may provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing data about your general location. We use these cookies to monitor and enhance your browsing experience.
- Analytics cookies help ThriftBooks understand how the Site performs, how visitors interact with the Site, and whether there may be technical issues. These cookies typically do not collect information that identifies a Site visitor. If you opt-out of these cookies we will not know when you have visited the Site and we will not be able to monitor its performance.
You can control how cookies interact with your browser as described in Controlling Cookies below.
3. Controlling Cookie Interactions with Your Device
To control the data ThriftBooks collects through cookies, click the Cookie Preferences link posted in the footer of our Site. The Cookie Preferences link will activate an interactive sidebar where you can:
- Toggle cookie permissions on and off to permit or prevent the Site from dropping certain categories of cookies to your device.
- Click “View Cookies” to see a current list of cookies used on the Site.
- Select “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” to opt-out of ThriftBooks selling Personal Information about you or sharing your Personal Information with third parties for online targeted advertising activities.
You can also control how cookies and related technologies interact with your device by adjusting your device settings. For example, you can change your settings to block pixels and cookies or you can install a third-party plugin to control how cookies interact with your device. If you block cookies, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of our services.
4. Cookie List